Works with: Windows/Mac/Linux
Apps for: iOS, Android, Blackberry
Pricing: Starts at $0.00 (free) for a 2GB plan (you can get up to an additional 8GB free for Dropbox Basic accounts (for a total of 10GB), and 16GB for Dropbox Pro accounts (in addition to the amount you paid for already)). Each friend you refer will give you 250MB for free. Even better, if you’re a student, Dropbox will double the amount of referral bonuses to 500MB per friend and up to 16GB of extra space for Dropbox Basic accounts and 32GB for Dropbox Pro accounts.
We personally use, and highly recommend Dropbox. We loved it and used it so much that we ended up upgrading to the 50GB plan. While this isn’t enough for all of our photos and music, we don’t really need to sync those anyway (only select ones if we want). However, it is more than enough for all of our files (both personal and small business). This makes it incredibly easy for us to work from anywhere in the world without having to carry our own laptop, flash drive, etc… We can log in safely (Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption protects our data) from any computer and access our files. We’re not quite sure where we’d be without it.
Summary: DropBox was one of the first, and is still one of the best, at not only backing up your data to the cloud, but keeping you in sync across multiple computers. All of your data (or whatever you choose) can easily stay in sync across all of your computers. This can even include email and browser settings. Simply put your Firefox, Thunderbird, Chrome, etc… profile folders in your dropbox folder, point the respective programs to those new profile locations, and you’ll stay in sync across your computers (you can even use the portable version of Thunderbird and run the entire program from within dropbox).
Features: Automatic Syncing, Backup and Storage of your files. No size limitations. Does not backup/sync external drives.
Your files, anywhere
Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits — Dropbox won’t hog your connection.
Shared folders allow people to work together on the same projects and documents.
- Invite friends, family or teammates to a folder. It’ll be as if you saved the folder to their computers.
- See other people’s changes instantly.
- Create photo galleries viewable by anyone you choose.
- Send a link to any file in your Dropbox using your Public folder.
Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry keep your Dropbox at hand, even on the go.
- Bring your files with you when you’re on the go.
- Edit files in your Dropbox from your phone.
- Easily upload your photos and videos to Dropbox.
- Share freely with family and friends.
Your stuff is safe
Dropbox protects your files without you needing to think about it.
- Dropbox keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption.
Your life’s work, wherever you are.
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, phonesand even the Dropbox website. Dropbox also makes it super easy to share with others, whether you’re a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear! You can relax knowing that Dropbox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost.
All your stuff, when you need it.
Dropbox works hard to make sure that all your files are the same no matter where you’re working from. This means that you can start working on a computer at school or the office, and finish from your home computer. Never email yourself a file again! Download Dropbox for your phone to simplify your life even more — flip through all your photos or review that spreadsheet even while on the road. Dropbox lets you work from any computer or phone with the confidence that you’ll always have everything you need.
Share what matters most.
Dropbox makes sharing so easy that you’ll be amazed at the things you can do. Invite your friends, family and teammates to any folder in your Dropbox, and it’ll be as if you saved that folder straight to their computers. You can send people links to specific files in your Dropbox too. This makes Dropbox perfect for team projects, sharing party photos with friends, or recording your band’s new album.
Dodge catastrophe with a click.
Even if your computer has a meltdown, your stuff is always safe in Dropbox and can be restored in a snap. Dropbox is like a time machine that lets you undo mistakes and even undelete files you accidentally trash. Your Dropbox is always ready for action from the Dropbox website too!