Symform is a relative newcomer to the online storage landscape. We’ll have a review up shortly but, in the meantime, here is some general information provided by the Company:
The Symform Storage Cloud Pricing Guarantee**
The Symform Storage Cloud allows us to offer the world’s safest storage at a price most cloud storage vendors can’t match. They all use a centralized datacenter platform so costs grow as your data grows. You know their approach is broken when you can buy a 2 TB disk drive today for less than $100, yet backing up that same amount of data to MozyPro, for example, would cost a business over $12,000 per year. When these vendors cut costs they commonly skimp on security, speed (reducing bandwidth for upload or recovery), redundancy, etc. Not Symform. We guarantee it.
Get Up To 200GB of Free Cloud Storage – Only with Symform
Annual Costs for 200GB of Cloud Storage Compared:
|Jungle Disk + Amazon S3||$384|
How To Get 200GB of Free Cloud Storage
Going from 10GB to 200GB of free cloud storage is as easy as Register, Set Up and Refer!
Free Cloud Storage
What you Need to Do
Register and join the Symform Cloud Storage Network
You need to have a valid email address confirmed and successfully set up your account and device!
Pledge to contribute 150GB to the Symform Network
The usage to contribution ratio is 1.5x, so to receive 100GB free you need to pledge 150GB contribution.
Your contribution device successfully accepts a data fragment within 24 hours of Symform installation and set-up.
As your free storage increases, your contribution needs to increase respectively. So, to move to 120GB of free storage, your contribution needs to increase to 180GB
Up to 200GB
Refer Symform to friends and colleagues. They get free storage and you get 10GB additional free storage for every referral that registers a new account.
Remember to increase your contribution as you increase your usage!
Cost of Contributing Local Storage
There are two possible situations customers may find themselves in with respect to contributing local storage to the Symform Cloud:
- Already have spare capacity: In this case cost of contribution is already sunk. This applies to not just storage, but also Internet bandwidth, real-estate, power, cooling and management overhead.
- Do not have spare capacity: In this case, as we noted above, you can easily add capacity to your existing servers and workstations by buying inexpensive hardware (a 2TB drive can be purchased for under $100!) Incremental power consumption due to the drives is minimal. Real-estate, cooling and management costs are still sunk.
Symform has reinvented online storage: We deliver enterprise class disaster recovery at prices that are up to 10x less than data center-based solutions. The Symform service is affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly. No more clumsy, unreliable tapes or paying to power giant data centers. Finally, there is a better way.
Secure, reliable, disaster recovery that doesn’t break the bank.
- Symform leverages your existing storage resources to provide an extremely cost effective solution.
- Data are encrypted using military-grade, AES-256 encoding before leaving the source (your computer).
- Encrypted data fragments are additionally secured through dispersion to a large number of nodes in the storage cloud.
- The Symform RAID-96TM system creates 32 parity fragments for every 64 original fragments to offer enterprise level reliability that is vastly superior to traditional RAID.
- High, reliable throughput is achieved through parallel uploads and downloads of fragments from hundreds of nodes in the storage cloud.
- By geographically dispersing the fragments we achieve superior protection against regional disasters.
Seamless, automated extension to existing onsite backup solutions.
Works with your current solution
- Our file-based synchronization approach works seamlessly with existing local backup methodologies.
- Fast and simple software installation supports all major operating system platforms.
- Intuitively interfaces with local and network folders for synchronization.
- Automatically detects local changes to files and synchronizes them in the storage cloud.
- Maximizes throughput with intelligent bandwidth management which can be configured for business hours and off-hours.
Efficiently utilizes existing capacity and helps build a sustainable storage network.
- Unlocks the potential of existing storage capacity in your IT environment.
- Leverages de-duplication technology to store a unique block of data only once across the storage cloud.
- Avoids using data centers for bulk data storage, thereby conserving significant amounts of energy resources.
Sustainable and Scalable
- As storage needs grow, the network grows by harnessing dormant storage capacity without the environmental impact of a big data center.
- The storage cloud organically scales as new nodes enter and contribute the equivalent of the storage they receive.
Extend a local solution
- Unique ability to combine local and online solutions to provide you double the protection without compromising the efficiency and speed of local restores.
Symform offers the world’s safest, most cost-effective cloud storage. The patented Symform Storage Cloud protects your data in a way that is faster, cheaper, more secure and reliable than anything traditional cloud storage providers can offer.
No need to constantly monitor backups here. Simply point Symform at the files you wish to store in the cloud and let us do the work. Symform is truly “set and forget.”
Symform encrypts, shreds and spreads each piece of data redundantly to hundreds or thousands of locations across the world to ensure higher availability and durability. Learn more about our Resilient Storage Architecture.
Host a “Hot Standby” copy of your data at a secondary location so when disaster strikes you don’t have to wait for data to come down from the cloud. Symform monitors your source data and copies any changes to the hot standby location as well as the cloud.
Collaboration and File Sharing
Synchronize data across multiple devices across the Internet. Symform watches for changes and makes sure all devices have the most current version.
Support for Locked Files via VSS
Using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), Symform is able to backup locked files such as Exchange mailboxes and SQL databases.
Seed Data from Multiple Locations
Very large amounts of data can take awhile to move to the cloud, even with Symform’s revolutionary parallel transfer technology. Copy your data to multiple locations for seeding and Symform’s global deduplication will maximize transfer time.
Get daily status reports on all your devices. Login to the Symform Dashboard to see the status of transfers and recover deleted files.